Hey guys today I’m coming at you with The Sunshine Blogger Award, but 2.0 because I;m lucky enough to have already been tagged in this before. This time I was nominated by Dani over at Perspective of a Writer.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you had to chose a dystopian world to be sent to, which would it be and why?
I really don’t know, I mean it’s called a dystopian world for a reason. The first world that came to mind was The Giver which is slightly concerning to me. I feel like I could cope with the world of The Giver, because 90% of the characters don’t have clue and just follow the rules and be happy with their little families. But at the same time there is so much wrong with the world of The Giver and while I LOVE structure and having rules, I do also value freedom.
2. What are your favorite blog posts to write and why?
Uhhh, my favourite posts to write are my Discussion and How To posts, but lately I have also started to FINALLY talk about tv shows, and have actually just introduced a fun new feature called TV Chats. I’m hoping this will let you guys get to know me, because I am a massive film nerd outside of my book life.
3. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
Honestly, this is the time of year where I feel the most inclined to DNF a book. At the moment I am completely exhausted. It’s currently 7pm while I’m writing this and I have already fallen asleep at my computer twice, go me!
Anywayyyyy, I usually dnf for different reasons, it really just depends on the book. For example, I DNF’d The Knife of Never Letting Go because I couldn’t stand the writing, I would still like to know what happens though (I’m probably just going to end up watching the movie lol). But with other books like The Kiss of Deception I was just bored and didn’t care for the plot.
4. What types of characters do you love most? (i.e. like genre but for characters, examples: strong female, hot love interest, nerds, pirates, if you can group them and love them, name them!)
I know it would make sense to say the nerdy character but in all the books with nerdy characters that I’ve read, so far I haven’t actually liked any of the characters.
I don’t know if this a genre of character per say but my favourite kind of character is one that grows throughout the book, or even better the character who really finds themself and has some top notch character development by the end of the series.
5. If you could teleport to any city in the world which would it be? If you had to make your way home on you own would it still be the same city?
This is going to sound really lame but I’ve always wanted to got to London. I can’t exactly explain the draw, but it’s always been a goal of mine to eventually go there. I have two travelling goals in life: 1. go to London 2. go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
6. If you wrote a book, what would it be about? (i.e. the premise, type of characters, world?)
Here’s the thing, I am not a writer. I can write you an analytical essay in an hour or two and it won’t be half bad, but if you ask me to write you something even remotely creative, it just won’t happen.
However, for the sake of the question, if I were to write a book it would probably be fantasy. That’s all I can say, I know it’s boring but I really can’t think of any ideas right now.
7. If a band were to be featured in a fictional story, which would you want it to be and why?
Oh jeez, I don’t know when the last time I intentionally listened to a band was so this should be interesting.
I kind of think it would be interesting to see Panic! At The Disco in any kind of novel, but particularly a historical fiction or Fantastic Beasts kind of setting. They have awesome music and I really think it would be cool to see the two clash because they’re so different.
8. What book describes you best? (Is it a particular character, the cover or the story?)
I feel like this is such an obvious answer but Fangirl (in terms of the title) definitely describes me best because I am 100% a nerd. The book itself definitely does not apply to me (even though I have terrible anxiety) because I don’t write fanfiction (and rarely read it) and would never plagiarise because duh!
9. Favourite book universe and why? (Is it the friends you would have, the world you would live in or the abilities/circumstances you would be in?)
Like the above answer mine will be pretty lack luster here, but I would really love to be in the Wizarding World. The main reason though is purely because I would want to be a Magizoologist because the animals are always my favourite parts of th HP books.
10. What is your favourite book pet? Real pet? Ultimate pet?
My favourite book pet is a dog. My favourite real pet is a dog. My ultimate pet is a dog. I’m sensing a theme here.
11. If you’d humor me and look at this post I wrote about Korean dramas… which banner looks like it has a story you would be interested in reading/watching?
I’m assuming that a banner is the number and title?? (sorry I’m quite sleep deprived right now)
Honestly, no. 8 “Multiple Kinds of Relationships” sounds awesome. I enjoy any show or book that includes familial and friend relationships, and not just romantic relationships because I feel like often those other relationships can be so much more powerful than a romance.
I Nominate The Last 5 people I talked to:
Kristin @ Kristinkravesbooks
Annie @ Annielikeswords
Isatta @ Theabominablebookgirl
Emma @ Readingthroughthenight
01 Do you listen to audiobooks?
02 Do you structure your bookshelves? (genre, colour, author…etc)
03 How do you feel about comics and graphic novels?
04 Unpopular opinion! Which popular book or series don’t you like?
05 Summarise your last read in 5 words.
06 Do you participate in readathons?
07 Do you snack while reading?
08 Where do you like to read?
09 Apples or Oranges?
10 Recommend a diverse read!
11 Spread the love! Which blogs have you followed recently?
What type of character do you love most? What book describes you best?